Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I Love Good News


It’s about time. I watched the news last night and to my amazement the news was by and large GOOD: ship captain dramatically rescued, Cuban-Americans allowed to visit Cuba; gay and lesbian couples invited to the White House Easter egg roll; the Obamas’ new puppy. Put this together into a children’s book and it would go something like this: Evil pirates overtake a ship carrying big mysterious boxes. The good guys rescue the brave captain, who then decides to quit the container ship business and start taking people, particularly gay couples and dogs, to and from Cuba. And they all lived happily ever after.

Another thing that makes me happy these days is the fact that a lot of smart people are choosing to study teaching over investment banking. What a concept.

And to make me even happier, I found an image of a penguin delivering the news. Now that's happy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is news that i am allowed to listen to...I love your interpretation of the world always Barbara Fisher!!!!!! AND...this starting me thinking children's book...we need to talk!