Monday, April 6, 2009

The Art of Healing

Take Your Time
15" x 48"
I recently sold this painting to the Children's Inn at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. The Inn provides a homelike residence for more than 1,300 children and their families each year during the time the children are receiving medical treatment for cancer and other serious illnesses. The painting is in a public area, and I am thrilled with the placement. It reminds me of some of the reasons I became an artist: to REACH people, to bring something good into the world, to encourage questioning, to share a unique perspective. These days I worry too much about making a living; sometimes I forget about the bigger picture. Today I am grateful for this opportunity to have my work in a place where it really might "matter".

No comments: