Saturday, November 29, 2008

I want to buy this building.

My husband and I were walking in Montford the other day and came across what used to be the "Welfare Baptist Church". It is now empty and is for sale at $129,900. I used to run by it and hear the singing, and one Sunday my neighbor Richard and I decided to attend services. There was plenty of singing and testifying....we were there for at least two hours and were warmly welcomed. Apparently the congregation merged with another small church. The main floor – what was the sanctuary - would make an incredible studio. 1300 sq ft, one big room. Downstairs (ground level) is another 1300 sq ft. that could be an apartment. The building clearly it needs a lot of work. I’m going to try to go look at it next week.

Of course I find a potentially perfect studio when I am having the worst sales year I’ve had in ten years, and I do not exactly have the means to jump on this (understatement). So I am putting the word out to the Universe ("Hey, Universe!!! Can you hear me?"), just in case someone decides to become my patron and buy it for me. Or even become a partner in buying it and eventually fixing it up. Anyone?? Anyone?? Well, there’s no harm in trying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I second the call to the Universe! Hope it works for you!!!