Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Now I get it............

After agonizing over using just three tubes of paint last week, I decided my experiment was "interesting" but not something I really wanted to pursue. Then I started another small piece, and halfway through it I noticed something was different: no cad red! no indian yellow! not even much blue. This little painting manages to do what I tried too hard to do last week: it has a muted, more subtle palette. So, once again, change comes at its own pace. If I just keep plugging away and trying my funny little experiments, something eventually does happen - even though it is never quite when or what I had expected. Once again, it may seem that I am making a mountain out of a molehill, but it's all part of the process - and the longer I paint, the more subtle the changes.



No comments: